Zillow posted a good article for investors and owners of rental properties with 5 simple steps that should be taken to protect a VACANT rental property – or any vacant home.
- Take down the “For Rent” signs – advertise online, do not use word “vacant”
- Keep up the yard – make the house look occupied, not abandoned
- Put the lights on a timer
- Use the blinds – downstairs closed and upstairs open
- Screen interested callers – protect address of the property and the vacant status
NOTE: It is also always wise to TURN OFF THE WATER in vacant homes to prevent flooding from burst water pipes.
Direct link to Zillow: 5-steps to protect your vacant rental property
NOTE: Advertisement Ads which appear in most posts on this Blog are run by WordPress and do NOT necessarily represent the views of Vivianne Rutkowski or Keller Williams Realty. Visitors to this blog are NOT obligated to click the ads to visit this blog.